Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I just bought a BF15D3SHS Honda boat motor and I fish at

Customer Question

I just bought a BF15D3SHS Honda boat motor and I fish at between 5000 ft to 8000 ft elevations .how do i rejet my carburetor?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The jet that is coming with the engine will be fine from 0 to 5000 ft elevation.from my reading i need the next smaller jet.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

From what I can tell the next jet size down is the 45 from the 9.9 carb. Other than that all of the manuals say to contact your local authorized Honda Marine dealer. This is the diagram and part number for the 45 jet.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Outboard%20Engine/2007%20and%20Later/BF9.9DK3%20LHA/CARBURETOR%20(MANUAL)/parts.html