Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Fuel injectors on carb not working on mercruiser 4.3L, On

Customer Question

Fuel injectors on carb not working on mercruiser 4.3L
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: On the the carburetor there are two injectors which spray gas down into the engine. There is no fuel spraying from the injectors. I believe they are not getting the 12 Volts required
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: The fuel pump is working. Fuel is getting to the carb. But not through the injectors
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Last summer the boat would not accelarate properly when on the water. The engine would just idle, but not rev up.
Not sure if this has anything to do with problem I'm having now.
The boat is a Bayliner Capri 2052 with a Mercruiser 4.3L V6.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Mercruiser engines are cataloged by serial number. Do you have that number available so I can look up and see exactly which version of the 4.3 you have.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My name is***** have serial number US-BIYA270XE899
But I am not sure if this is the boat or engine serial number
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Declan. That would be the boat number. I would need the number off the engine itself. The engine serial number will have 1 number, 1 letter, 6 more numbers. For example. 0A123456. It will be on a tag riveted to the engine block just above the starter motor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
0L082527And its a 4.3L V6 EFI with dual ignition.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Okay got it. Do you have a scan tool for this engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Without a scan tool there isn't anything we can do to troubleshoot the issue. As much as I'd like to help I am not sure if I am going to be able to. Did you have any questions that I could answer for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is no voltage going to the injectors.
It should be 12 volts right? while turning the engine