Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a furuno 292 video color sounder. the transducer is

Customer Question

i have a furuno 292 video color sounder. the transducer is in a window sonar oil filled dome. the dome material is rubber. the rubber has failed. i need to know if you have a contact for the rubber dome material and what type of sonar dome oil is to be used with the transducer. thank you, ***** *****
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: the sonar dome is 17 inches by 9 inches by 7/8 inch thick and was installed in 1968.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

On the transducer cable near the unit should be a tag. Can you tell me what numbers or name may be in this tag? There are many transducer options for the 292, and I need to see which one they installed.