Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

15 hp outboard starts with choke out and dies when pushed…

Customer Question
15 hp outboard starts...

15 hp outboard starts with choke out and dies when pushed in

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

15 hp Honda. will not run when choke is pushed in

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

I need it to run when choke is pushed in

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
8/3/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name Jason, I read what you wrote. I have a pretty good idea of what the problem is, but before I get into that. What kind of history does this outboard have? When did it last run correctly? Have you ever personally seen it run correctly? How old is the fuel itself? Have you done anything on your own yet to troubleshoot the issue?