Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

68 evinrude 9822e had classic high speed bog. flushed entire…

Customer Question
68 evinrude 9822e had...

68 evinrude 9822e had classic high speed bog. flushed entire fuel system replaced plugs, filled tank with non-ethanol fuel and marine fuel system cleaner in proper proportions. Engine ran MUCH better but still has a bog, off and on, at absolute full throttle. It gets better with each hour of run time but I'm getting impatient. Is cleaning the HS jet a total carb tear down? Would very much like to avoid that.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
8/1/2017
Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

The high speed jet is #75 behind the drain plug # 77 at the base of carb bowl. If you can remove plug and the jet then you don't have to remove and tear down carb. If you can't get to the jet then just pull carb off.

The high speed bog is a symptom of clogged HS jet.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1968&hp=9.5&model=9822E&manufacturer=Evinrude&section=Carburetor+Group