Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

When I turn on the egnition there is no alarmtest signal, a

Customer Question

When I turn on the egnition there is no alarmtest signal, a minute later the oillevel alar starts. when i turn off the engine and try again I get a test signal and ther is no alarm. If i go full throttle somtimes the oil alarm starts, the oillevelsensor is disconected and the alarmbox is conected to ground.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I have contracted a firm to solve the problem byt they ar stuck
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

What is the make, model and year of the engine that you are working on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The motor is a mariner 200 hp offshore from 1998.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Thanks,

Do you have the serial nuimber for the engine?

If not, is is carb or EFI?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe it has carborators.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Can you post a pic of how you have the wiring on the alarm set up currently? If you have the module grounded, that will set off the alarm.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not to day. Im on a tripp. Can you return to me next week?
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Absolutely. There are no time limits here. I will need to see the injection module, the oil tank cap and the oil pump if it is still installed.