Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2002 Volvo penta sx outdrive and wish to get a

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Volvo penta sx outdrive and wish to get a propeller lock for it. What is the size of my prop shaft? What manufacturers have them? Also my plastic cover over induction system has two rubbers that slide into the cover and then the cover is pushed onto two ball studs to hold in place. Where can I get these rubber pieces that slide into plastic cover as I am missing one of them? Thanks Rich VA

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Volvo?

SX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am just do not know size of propshaft or where I can get rubber pieces.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
8/1/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with/ I read what you wrote. The propeller lock is the easy part, and I can answer that no problem. But What do you mean by plastic cover on the induction system? Are you talking about a plastic cover on top of the engine? What is the model number on the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the plastic cover over top of engine. Sits on two ball studs on air cleaner bracket and behind air intake plenum. Rubber pieces that push into plastic cover. Volvo 5.7GXI. That's all that's on the plastic cover. It's a chevy 5.7. Don't know what GXI stand for. Outdrive is a SX-m. What is shaft thread size for a prop lock.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Was already charged $26 is there really a mechanic as have not seen any responses to questions yet. Rich

Hi Rich. GXI is a family of engine's, and not a specific model number. There will be 1 or more letters after the GXI. Can you have a closer look at that and let me know what the full and complete model number is ***** the engine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know that's the problem it simply says 5.7 GXI and no other letters or numbers. This is on the plastic cover over top of engine intake. Is there another spot on engine to get numbers?

There's usually a sticker on the engine designating the model number as well as it's serial number. I only need the model number and not the serial. The problem is there is a GXI-A, a GXI-B, a GXI-C ect ect, and they are not all the same, so I would need to know exactly what you have. The propeller lock question is easy, but in order to find the parts for the plastic shroud I need to know exactly what you have there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will look for it again when I get home. Thx

You are very welcome. Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No other stickers. Anywhere else it might be? Or any other way to find out. Rich

Can you take a bunch of pictures of it so I can see it? Without model number the only other way for me to do it is to compare the engine visually to the parts books.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do working now. Boat is now an hour and half away. Won't be till next eeekend. Is that ok? Rich

That's fine, there are no time limits here.

Okay no problem. Keep me posted.