Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have just put a 2017 VF115LA on mt G3LV20FC. I have been

Customer Question

I have just put a 2017 VF115LA on mt G3LV20FC. I have been using the prop it came with but wonder if a stainless prop might be better and wonder is there is a recommendation for pitch, blade number and size. Thank you. *****: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No thank you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Len, good morning my name is***** read what you wrote. A stainless prop would always be better. Do you know what size your current prop is? Do you know what the engine is hitting for full throttle RPMS when the boat is at top speed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am going to the lake Wednesday and get the rpms. Do not know size. It is the prop that came new on the 115.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Do you want to get the RPMS and get back to me later, or do you want a recommendation now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll get with you after this Wednesday when I have the rpms. Thanks.Len
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Okay sounds good, just reply back once you know the full speed RPMS and we will go from there. -Jason