Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Engine will start but stops accelerating at about 3000 rpm.

Customer Question

Engine will start but stops accelerating at about 3000 rpm. Checked fuel pressure at the high side fuel port on the fuel rail and it reads 0. I have already changed the high side pump. It appears that there is no voltage at the pump wire connector. I am looking for a wiring diagram to troubleshoot the issue.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I stated the wrong year. It is a 2003 4.3 GXI-B. I can take it to the lake and use it low RPM but cannot get it on plane. The longer I try, it will start miss-out and backfire. I have also changed the fuel regulator.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Did you just need a diagram or did you also have questions on the issue as well?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am looking for a diagram and question: other than an electrical issue, is there anything else that I need to look for?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I am going to have to continue to pay more for a simple question, I think I will just cut my losses and stop now. Thank You!
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello. You don't have to pay more for the question. What the website is offering you is an option to talk about this over the phone. if you want to go that route then yes they do charge more for the phone call option. If you do not want to go that route, then we would simply stay online. Did you still want to continue online or did you want to call it quits? (I do have the diagrams)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have already fixed the problem.