Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a new speed trip,time, and battery gauge and want to…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new speed trip,time, and battery gauge and want to know how to hook up the colors because I have two black wires and want to know if both are for the neg.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Just want to know about the two black wires and also the white wire

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

Not that I know. Just replacing the gauge

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
8/1/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Is there an existing gauge that you are replacing?

Who makes this new gauge and is there a model for it?

yamaha same as was in boat

I do not have a wiring diagram for this gauge. I am going to have to opt out of the question. One of the guys with a diagram will pick the question up.

online conversation will be fine
Marine Mechanic: Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician replied 11 months ago
Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician

Hi, this is Ted. I may be able to help you with this, could you tell me the part number of the gauge you purchased and the year and engine size of your motor please?