Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My outboard, 1984 evirn 30 hp, runs great til the motor

Customer Question

hey
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my outboard , 1984 evirn 30 hp, runs great til the motor warms up then it wants to stall or bog down when i accerate
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: evinrude
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: it seems to be running rich ,getting fuel on the plugs
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tan. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will reply momentarily.

Expert:  Tan replied 2 months ago.

With engine off squeeze the primer bulb. Does the bulb get hard or does it continue to get soft? Do you have fuel coming out the front of the carburetor when squeezing the primer bulb?