Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a Merc 2 stroke Optimax 115 HP on my 1700 type Lund.

Customer Question

I have a Merc 2 stroke Optimax 115 HP on my 1700 type Lund. On a recent tournament an alarm would sound from the dash area and then would go away. My oil is up full and a heavy stream of water coming out the engine. It was running rough and at times would not respond to the throttle movement. I have since installed new plugs,compressor air intake filter, fuel filter filter, drained the fuel filter chamber and put some engine treatment in the gas tank. Hooked up the water and started the engine, runs rough and stalls after 30 seconds. Can u help me? I want to go salmon fishing soon and all the Marina,s are swamped with other boats.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I purchased the boat new in early 2013, ran beautifully till now. I have very low hours as I only get out 3-4 times a year. Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Was the alarm a steady tome or a beeping one?

Do you have a gauge that can screw onto a schreder valve and can read at least 120 PSI?

Would you please post the serial number of the engine?