Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2015 Mercury 80 Jet. I blew the 20 fuel fuse? Only

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Mercury 80 Jet. I blew the 20 fuel fuse? Only 30 hours on boat. Put a new one in and it blew again after 15 minutes.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: This issue 1st started last week when I took the boat to a high elevation lake. The alarm started going off for no reason then the boat stopped...fuse blew...I put a new one in the next day and it ran for the next two days but the alarm would go off every few hours.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I got it home and tried to run it in the river and the fuse blew within 5 minutes...four times.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Would you please post the serial number of the engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Serial# *****
Model# *****2015 Mercury Four Stroke 80 Jet
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** make sure that both of the coils are plugged in firmly and all the way. Also check all 4 of the fuel injectors to make sure that there are no loose connections there. Remove the plastic cover from the front of the engine and make sure that there are no loose or torn up wires there.