Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Have an Elite 7 HDI. When i turn it on the screen is bright,

Customer Question

have an Elite 7 HDI. When i turn it on the screen is bright, within seconds the screen is very dim and you cant see it at all when the sun is out. any suggestions
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: screen is very faint and cant see it when the sun is out.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Try setting the back light levels up. Power the unit up normally. Once it has fully booted, press and release the power button. This will automatically increase or decrease the backlight level. Set it to where you can read it. If the unit is on a gimble mount, you can also tilt it to make it easier to read. Lastly, changing colors for use in the day maybe needed to make it so that you can see the screen.