Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

2011 Mercruiser with 350 MAG MPI. Getting an Alarm with a

Customer Question

2011 Mercruiser with 350 MAG MPI. Getting an Alarm with a code 61 most of the time, code 56 some of the time. Have changed both Fuel pressure regulators for the code 61 and a new distributor cap for the code 56. The problem is still there.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Our Marina Scan tool won't communicate with the boats computer. Perhaps it's to old. We're looking into getting a new model.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Which scan tool are you using? How are you getting those code numbers, through Smartcraft or some other way?