Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2009 Merc 4 stroke 50 HP when running slow

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 Merc 4 stroke 50 HP when running slow sometimes engine beeps.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Running slow engine beeps then I go slower and it stops

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Boat
7/31/2017
Marine Mechanic: Matthew John, Marine Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic

Hi my name is***** to JustAnswer ! I will be assisting you.

Are you running the correct oil in the engine?? 25W40.

Have you checked oil levels lately?

Just keep an eye on your engine operation hours and make sure it's getting serviced every 100 hours.

If you check the level on the yellow dip stick and oil is very thin, replace it and the oil filter. I would be getting a service aswell.

How is the engine temperature. Does it look like the engine is overheating?

Regards,

Oil levels are good. Oil is very clean. Motor doesn't have 100 hours on it. Last fall had engine serviced.
NO
Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic