Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

It is a mercury 200hp 1990 - I am getting warning beeps when

Customer Question

It is a mercury 200hp 1990 - I am getting warning beeps when running over 1800 rpm
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: We have changed the oil level sensor in the cap and the module which monitors the sensors
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: The boat was laid up for two years before the problem started
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Mercury outboards are cataloged by serial number. Can I get that number so I can see exactly which version of the 200 you have.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
0D015595
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My name is***** live in the uK, I have owned engine since new.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Got it. If you look at your oil pump does it have 2 wires on it?