Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a furuno mfd12 attached to a furuno drs4a radar on my…

Customer Question
I have a furuno...

I have a furuno mfd12 attached to a furuno drs4a radar on my boat. Yesterday, I was playing music while at the sandbar and the house battery got low, so I paralleled the house/starboard batteries together and my radar stopped working. The mfd12 is not recognizing that it is even connected. I reset the mfd back to factory settings, tried a master reset, and unplugged the radar from the mfd, but nothing. Do you have any idea what's might have happened?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
7/31/2017
Marine Mechanic: Matthew John, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic

Hi my name is***** to JustAnswer ! I will be assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thanks, ***** ***** a on how to get my radar working again?

Hi there, it's possible that switching over batteries my have caused a voltage spike and blown the fuse on the Radars Power Supply Unit.

I will attach a pic of the system configuration so you can locate the Power Supply Unit and check for a possible blown fuse and we can take it from there.

Also, you may be able to check if the PSU has any LED's on it to indicate if powered up or not.

Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have the external power supply. The drs4a does not require one with the mfd12. So there is a fuse on the radar itself?

Thus far, it seems that you have already been through the Menu in the Settings / Radar and it is undetectable.

I see that a PSU-012 or PSU-013 is optional for your set-up and looks as though you have confirmed this.

Yes, if it is easy enough to access and open, I would check for a fuse in the Radar Sensor Unit. I don't know if there is one in there, but it may be worth checking before taking the unit away for inspection or calling out you electronics technician to come out.

Thank you for your patience in directing your issues for resolve and I am wishful for an outcome that is satisfying.

Please continue in looking for answers herein and you are welcome to let me know of any future concerns you may have.

Be sure to hit my Star Rating ! ! ! ! !

Thank you for your custom!

Regards,