Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

No start issue, will crank but will not start or tries to

Customer Question

no start issue
JA: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: will crank but will not start or tries to start and spudders out
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: replaced, ignition coil, carberutor and put new electic fuel pump in
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the times when it did try to start it back fired
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i put a inline spark tester in from distrubter cap to igntion coil and was a spark
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i also put spark testerd from distrubter cap to spark plug and was a spark
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote but do not see any kind of model information. Which engine are you working on exactly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** boat is a Bayliner Arriva 1989. The engine is a Mercrusier 7.4l V8
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to call you tomorrow at the same time and I can be by my boat and you can walk me through some diagnosis and hear how the things are
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Brad. Mercrusier engines are cataloged by serial number. Do you have that number handy so I can see which version of the 7.4 you have.

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

It looks like we posted at exactly the same time. We can definitely do the call. Do you want to just reply back tomorrow, or do you want to set up the appointment now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will reply back tomorrow and work on it then and I can hopefully find the serial number as well
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

O​kay no problem, just reply back when you are ready and we will go from there. Enjoy the rest of your night. -Jason

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You too care - Brad
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Thanks. Catch you later.