Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2013 Mercury Pro XS 250. While pulling out of my…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Mercury Pro XS 250. While pulling out of my slip this morning the boat died and now will not start back up. My smart craft gauge is saying, engine actuator voltage low, return to port immediately and service engine. System fault 209.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

No ma'am, the motor ran fine all day yesterday but when I pulled out of my slip to put it on the trailer, that's when the problem occured

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Boat
7/30/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

What this actually is telling you is the the engine battery id low on voltage. If you had it on charge over night and it showed full. I would remove the battery and havr it checked at an auto parts store. You may have a bad cell in it.

Or, something was left on in the boat last night and drained the battery enough to set off this alarm.

FIrst start with getting the battery checked, then you can test the running voltage on the engine with the SmartCraft gauge. At idle the voltage will be just above 12, when the RPM are brought up to around 2000, the voltage should read closer to 14V.