Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

My 2008 seadoo worked great yesterday. At the end of the…

Customer Question
My 2008 seadoo worked...

My 2008 seadoo worked great yesterday. At the end of the day, we pulled up to the dock and shut it off. When we tried to restart, we pushed the key on, the gauges lit up but no beeps and the engine wouldn't engage. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/30/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Which model do you have?

Gti

Was there any warning lights on?

Can you check all of the fuses on the MPEM?

Can you actually test the battery voltage using a multimeter?

Can't check the battery but will look at the fuses

Ok, let me know what you see. You could take the battery to most any auto parts store and they would load test if for free.

Fuses appear to be ok. If it was the battery was weak why would the gauges come up?

It does not take much power to light up a gauge. It takes over 10V to spin the starter. What is odd to me is that you are not getting the two beeps when the DESS is placed on the post.