Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1990 Stock Kawasaki 650SX. Ski cranks good and idles good.

Customer Question

1990 Stock Kawasaki 650SX. Ski cranks good and idles good. After about 10-15 minutes riding it will hardly go. Seems to running at 1/4 throttle. Head and head pipe are hot but not sizzling hot. Feels like it's in limp mode. Pisser stream is ok but not like my superjet. Just had head checked and was a little warped. Shop took minimal off to get true again. Cylinder jug warped also??? Not sure what to do next. All lines are clean and clear. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Couple things come to mind, do you have access to a multi-meter ?

Exhaust, does this unit still have the stock exhaust ?

After the power goes away if you let it sit or how long after does it have to let it sit before it starts to run OK and then 10-15 minutes again and will it start to loose power again ?

Thanks