Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2010 optimax 150, when you turn the switch on i'm…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 optimax 150, when you turn the switch on i'm the test alarm isnt coming on. also at times when running 2,500 to 3,000 rpm, with throttle all the way down the motor rpms drops back to idle. i have to throttle back up get on plane and bring the rpms back to 2,500 to 3,000 and it repeats. there never is ana an alarm.....

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
7/29/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Would you please post the serial number of the engine?

I'm not at home, away on business so i don't have access to the serial number

Ok, how is it best that I can assist you?

I'll have to contact you guys later when I have serial number. That's for responding to my question.
Thanks I meant

I can work around that a bit for now. If parts are needed later, it is better for me to have it to get the correct part numbers.

The first thing that you are going to need to do is to fix the alarm. It could just be unplugged, or it could be a bad horn.

What type of boat is he engine on?

2010 nitro z7

Ok, under the dash is the warning horn. It is normally wrapped into a plastic net. There should be a tan/blue wire and a purple wire going to it. Make sure that they are plugged in. If they are , replacing the horn would be the first step. I need to know what tone the alarm is sounding to tell you what is going on with the engine. This is what it should look like.

http://www.searay-parts.com/Warning-buzzer-piezo-horn-p/miscmerchorn2.htm