Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2010 optimax 150, when you turn the switch on i'm

Customer Question

I have a 2010 optimax 150, when you turn the switch on i'm the test alarm isnt coming on. also at times when running 2,500 to 3,000 rpm, with throttle all the way down the motor rpms drops back to idle. i have to throttle back up get on plane and bring the rpms back to 2,500 to 3,000 and it repeats. there never is ana an alarm.....
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no.....
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Would you please post the serial number of the engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not at home, away on business so i don't have access to the serial number
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Ok, how is it best that I can assist you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll have to contact you guys later when I have serial number. That's for responding to my question.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks I meant
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

I can work around that a bit for now. If parts are needed later, it is better for me to have it to get the correct part numbers.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

The first thing that you are going to need to do is to fix the alarm. It could just be unplugged, or it could be a bad horn.

What type of boat is he engine on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2010 nitro z7
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Ok, under the dash is the warning horn. It is normally wrapped into a plastic net. There should be a tan/blue wire and a purple wire going to it. Make sure that they are plugged in. If they are , replacing the horn would be the first step. I need to know what tone the alarm is sounding to tell you what is going on with the engine. This is what it should look like.

http://www.searay-parts.com/Warning-buzzer-piezo-horn-p/miscmerchorn2.htm