Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I recently installed a Navnet tztl12f display. I need to…

Customer Question
I recently installed a...

I recently installed a Navnet tztl12f display. I need to install a transducer for depth finding. I don't think I need a speed or temp display. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

Looking for a through hull.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Most of the transducers for this unit are actually ones that are thru hull. Meaning that you would need to cut a hold in the bottom of the boat and mount the transducer through it. There is one that is transom mounted and I can get you that part number if you wish. Depending on how far the reach is from the transom to the helm, you may also need an extension cable to make the run, as the transducer cable is only about 20 Ft long.