Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I am an outboard tech by trade. trying to help my neighbor.

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** am an outboard tech by trade. trying to help my neighbor. what happened is that the old pump and housing locked up well she had a new one installed and the engine was rebuilt. the just put it in the water and the motor runs fine but when you put a load on the engine it acts just like a spun hub on an outboard. it revs but does not go any faster. its a 2000 spoortster le

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

Not that i am aware of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/28/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello Jim, my name is***** will assist you.

What engine does the boat have?

Do you have a serial number for it?

It has the rotax 2 cyl on it

Have you checked the clearance between the pump and the wear ring?

Does the shift gate clear the entire jet nozzle when you shift it into FWD?

brand new impeller ring pump assy

Does the engine sound correctly when it is running? If the shift gate is clearing the jet nozzle, then it should accelerate.

What is the max speed that you can get from the boat?

Do you know the pitch of the new impeller?

It sounds like it accelerates normal resembles a spun hub on an outboard

Is the boat a 2000 or is that the model?

Its a 2000

Can you tell if the impeller is slipping at all?

Is the throttle cable set up correctly to get to WOT?