Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Do I have to use the heading sensor for the 360 imaging when

Customer Question

Do I have to use the heading sensor for the 360 imaging when I already have one installed for my alttera trolling motor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: Do I have to use the heading sensor for the 360imaging when I already have one installed for my alttera trolling motor thankyou
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Yes you do need the use the heading sensor for the 360. It uses a different one than the T/M and you can set the offset for the 360 different than the Ulterra.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Your welcome. Typically the head for the Ulterra is at the rear of the boat, so you can mount the 360 head on the bow.