Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I just got a 5hp 4stroke mercury it will not start is there

Customer Question

i just got a 5hp 4stroke mercury it will not start is there a kill switch .on the throutal there is no start mark.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: motor wont start
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: not that i know of
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Mercury engines are cataloged by serial number. Can I start by getting that number so I can see exactly which version of the 5 you have.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i will have to get the serial number the engine is not at my house.can i get back to you in a day or 2 my name is gary
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Gary. Yes of course there are no time limits here. Just reply back when you are ready and we will go from there. Enjoy your day. -Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Gary. Any luck with that serial number?