Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2016 Mercury 200, and I ran out of gas. when I

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Mercury 200, and I ran out of gas. when I cranked it, I had a miscellaneous fault 1 come up on my rpm gauge. is there some way I can reset or will I have to take it to a dealer
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no, it cranked fine but the flashing light won`t go away
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. I would need some more information from you. First, Mercury outboards are cataloged by serial number, I will need that number to know what have. Next, which gauge to you have specifically? What did this codes specifically say? Are you having any problems with the motor running or an alarm going off?