Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have just bought a 2007 angler with a" LCX III C HD. I

Customer Question

I have just bought a 2007 angler with a " LCX III C HD. I would like to get a manual and the sonar has to operated manually and the sensitivity has to be constantly adjusted . to get the bottom to show up on the sonar. even though youcan get the bottom display the depth of the bottom would be 12 feet and the display would say the depth was 100 feet. it will read correctly 5 percent of the time. the depth range will not stay selected. it jumps ROUND AND THE TIOP DISPLAY WILL JUMP TO 8, 10 OR 12 FEET ON ITS OWN EVEN IF YOU CHOSE THE TOP DISPLAY TO BE ZERO. CAn you direct me where to go to get this unit fixed or the software fixed. tThanks thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: ***** ***** cell(###) ###-####
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been looking for a loose connection because the unit will loose power from the battey along with another stand alone gps unit. it could happen at any time or not for hours of operation.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Attached is the manual for the unit. You should set the bottom for automatic range, this will provide the best coverage when changing depths. You could also be zoomed in and that is why the top number is *****

For the power, I would look at the fuse box where the units get their power. A dirty connection there can cause the units to drop out. They also require at least 10V to operate, so if you are fishing for some time with both units on and live well pumps, that can actually drain a battery pretty quickly.

http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowrance-Documents/LCX-110C_LCX111CHD_LCX-25C_LCX-26CHD0151-311_030705.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried changing the unit to automatic but it will jump to 100 plus feet of water when the bottom could only be 20 feet deep. The bottom won't show up because it will also change the sensitivity even if it is set on manual. The transducer is a transom mount. The charts were just loaded for the Chesapeake at by the previous owner just 2 months ago.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Is the transducer bottom clean, and is it sitting parallel with the bottom of the hull? Not pointed up or down?

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Scroll to page 12 of the manual I sent you, that is how it should look.