Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Is the PowerDrive food pedal #1866070 compatible with my

Customer Question

is the PowerDrive food pedal #1866070 compatible with my 2001 PowerDrive Serial #MKAC2301680, old food petal number(###) ###-####
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the on/off switch on my old unit does make contact with the electronic pad, I think it's just worn out.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: my old unit is just worn out, is the new PD Foot Petal, part #1866070 compatible with my*****unit? It has an 8 pin rectangular connection. old unit number(###) ###-#### Thank you
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

That new foot pedal will not work on any unit made after 2007. The one for your unit is actually NLA. About the only thing that you could do would be to replace the control board on it to get it to function again. That, or you would need to replace the entire trolling motor.