Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

EVINRUDE 6.5 SUPER MOTOR. IN STORAGE FOR 15 YEARS. STARTED

Customer Question

EVINRUDE 6.5 SUPER MOTOR. IN STORAGE FOR 15 YEARS. STARTED RIGHT AWAY and changed oil . after two or three runs it quit suddenly in the water while running quite fast. Do i need a new fuel pump? also, there is no manual for it but there is a black knob on the throttle lever at the end. I believe this is for adjusting the idle. could this be the problem as well
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no. the carb was not cleaned yet but it seemed to work great for a while although idle was rough
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello may name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Do you have an actual model number on the outboard?