Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

2007 115 EFI merc. runs strong then looses power suspect

Customer Question

2007 115 EFI merc. runs strong then looses power suspect fuel issue changed plugs filters
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: decelerates looses power will idle, if wait for a while will come back and will run good till does it again
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: has no power when it does it. like running out of gas or not enough
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Mercury outboards are cataloged by serial number. Do you have that number handy?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No don't
Brad
1b46
Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hi Brad. Without that serial number I don't know which engine you have (there are different versions of the 115). Have you checked fuel pressure to see if it was dropping fuel pressure while underway? Have you done any other troubleshooting other than changing the filters? What kinds of questions did you have for me?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Are you still here Brad?

Expert:  Jason replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I never heard back from you. How did you make out?