Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have an, I have a StarCraft Aurora 2000.. Batteries are

Customer Question

I have an
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I have a StarCraft Aurora 2000.. Batteries are good, when trying to start nothing happens.. Gauges don't come on but trim works, trolling motor works, but no gauges or motor won't crank..?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Year 2005
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I have checked all the seasons that I can find and they are all okay
JA: What else should I tell the Marine Mechanic?
Customer: Fuses not seasons
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What engine is on your StarCraft?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Clark, 190hp Mercury inboard motor
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. Not yet
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hi Clark. Mercury motors are cataloged by serial number. Can I get that number so I can see exactly which engine you have.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OW304539
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
4.3 liter Mercury
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

OKay got it. When did this problem start? When was the last time you did have power to everything? Has the battery, or a battery charger, ever been hooked up backwards to the engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We were leaving it on Friday night and I ran perfectly and we stopped to swim and then I had nothing when I tried to turn the key back on
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Okay got it. Do you have a hand held volt meter and do you know how to take voltage measurements? If yes, are you near the boat now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I now have brand new battery hooked up. Still nothing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I don't.. But yes I'm in the boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Without a meter there isn't anything we can check together in order to find out what the problem is. Votlages need to be traced in order to find the problem. How is it I can help you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Guess you cant
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Okay good luck.