Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Had 50 tlr serviced and carbs rebuilt 2 months ago. used it

Customer Question

had 50 tlr serviced and carbs rebuilt 2 months ago. used it twice since then. now i cannot get it to start.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: first time i tried to start it fired and ran about 1 minute. thought maybe it was fuel prob but checked it out and dont think that is the case. tried torestart and it wont do anything
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: only that i use ethinol gas but i put additive in it to keep it fresh. after i use it i always disconnect gas line and run it out of gas.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. When you say it won't do anything. Is the engine cranking over but not starting when you turn the key, or does it not crank over at all when you turn the key?