Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I bought a Tahoe 700 recently as in 3 days ago Followed all

Customer Question

I bought a Tahoe 700 recently as in 3 days ago Followed all new engine protocols
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The orange light on the dashboard stats on after engine is running smoothly, all levels etc, connections are apparently good
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: We use boat in salt water and have flush out procedure after use I think that's it
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think that's everything
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 3 months ago.

H​I, which engine package do you have please? Do you have an engine serial number also?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mercury 250hp 4.5l
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Stern drive
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't have SN for engine. At home at the moment and it's not in paperwork
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 3 months ago.

T​hat should be your check engine light. The engine computer has sensed a fault and will have a code set in it. If your boat is equipped with the proper Smartcraft display you can pull codes from it. Otherwise it will need to be scanned by your dealer. In the meantime, look around the sides and top of the engine for any loose connecters, it may be a sensor wire not fully seated during installation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I'll check connections.
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately on newer engines like yours there is no simple way to look at the codes. Hopefully you'll find something loose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Fingers crossed
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 3 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 3 months ago.

Did you have another question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, someone accidentally replied to me with a comma
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 3 months ago.

S​orry, that's actually a period. We have to leave the last comment on a thread or the system keeps bugging us to respond. If I have an open question I just put that there so I made the last comment. Most people don't notice it.