Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I am trying to get the wiring and installation of a 2017

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am trying to get the wiring and installation of a 2017 Suzuki dF300 to work with my 2007 df300 mounted on my catamaran. Have wired things back as they were to the best of my ability but am getting a "check ecu" message and alarm. The starboard engine starts and runs as it did before and the new port motor can be trimmed and tilted. Is there a programming requirement for this new motor?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know how well the person knows the 300 suzuki motors. The port motor actually is original equipment and starts and runs as it did before installing the replacement motor for the starboard. There are a couple of plugs that I am uncertain of their function. I am doing this in the absence of a dealer in a remote location in Alaska.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Matthew John replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,

Yes. You will need to plug in a laptop with the Suzuki Diagnostic Software and USB Interface adaptor configured to Com Port1, then configure / initiate the new engine ECM and BCM. The software and adaptor are available from eBay.

I can guide you through this process of purchasing and setting up the SDS software and adaptor and then we need to check the engine rigging connections.

Regards,