Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I have a 2004 Aquatrax non-turbo that goes into limit mode

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Aquatrax non-turbo that goes into limit mode when I start it. If I let it idle for about 30 seconds it will come out of limit mode. I have turned the limit mode on an off to try to reset but the limit mode comes on everytime when I start it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no, nothing at this time
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 2 months ago.

T​he limiter is part of the ECU (Engine control unit) programming. It sounds like when the ski starts it misses a checksum on the first go around and leaves it in limit mode. Next time it runs through a program cycle it catches the proper checksum and resets the limit off. It may be possible to reprogram the ECU with an update and that may restore the checksum, otherwise the ECU would need to be replaced.