Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I'm installing a lowrance hydraulic autopilot can I hook the

Customer Question

I'm installing a lowrance hydraulic autopilot can I hook the transparent return line to the top receptor of a seastar unit
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: I can not access the bottom fitting of the seastar steering unit
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: not at this time
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

The clear line needs to go to the back of the helm pump. It is a balance and bleed ine for the system. The top port on the helm is only to fill the helm resivoure. If the clear tube was connected there the auto pilot would not function correctly. You may end up actually needing to modify the dash slightly to get to all the fittings needed.