Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I own a humminbird 581i and the depth readings work and then

Customer Question

I own a humminbird 581i and the depth readings work and then quit working. I move the unit up and down and it starts reading again. Then it quits reading and I go through the same process to get it reading again. Very frustrating. I've taken the unit off the stand and the connection needles look okay. The GPS works fine. What do you think?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

By moving the unit up and down, does that mean that you are tilting it in the bracket or moving the transducer up and down?