Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a pair of FICHT 150 and the starboard system check

Customer Question

I have a pair of FICHT 150 and the starboard system check gauge repeats itself just after cranking and intermittently while running. I swapped the wiring to the port engine and then the port gauge does the same thing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I checked the terminals on the batteries, all tight,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I did notice my battery indicator gauge flickering last trip out. I checked connections...one was slightly loose.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

When you swapped the wiring between the engines, did you do so at he engine or at the dash? And was the key switch included in the swap?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I moved the wiring harness from starboard gauge to port. The same sequence happened with port gauge.
I have replaced the ignition/key switch starboard side....did not correct issue. The system check gauge sporadically
goes through a check while underway. It will run all day and then start the buzz and check lights.
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

I was thinking key switch, but you have ruled that out... Look on the engine and make sure that all of the connections that are going to the dash are clean and tight. This includes the battery cables on both the battery and the engine.