Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1997 mercruiser i have power to both sides of the

Customer Question

I have a 1997 mercruiser i have power to both sides of the coil when the key is on. The motor will turn over but will not start. I tested the coil, I have on the low end .6 and the is 10.8. what else can i check?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: ok
JA: What else should I tell the Marine Mechanic?
Customer: I just replaced the starter because I would turn the key and the engine wouldn't turn over. when installing the starter the positive line was touched the small terminal and when I reconnected the battery there was a arching sound then I disconnected the battery and fixed the problem and then the motor turned over but will not start.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello anyone here
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

G​ood morning, my name is***** see that nobody has responded to your question yet. Was this something you still needed help with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No