Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My 2008 SeaDoo GTI has a fault code, PO344 now, Cam Sensor

Customer Question

My 2008 SeaDoo GTI has a fault code, PO344 now, Cam Sensor Signal Missing. I changed the cam sensor but the fault code stayed on. I took it to a dealer thinking that they could clear the code. They tried another sensor and the code is still on. They suspect the ECM/ECU is bad but have no way to test it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

On page 204 of this manual is the test for the CPS. It tells you which pins to check and what the readings should be. I would also look at that fuse that it mentions to make sure that it is not blown.

http://seadoomanuals.net/download/pdf/service/manuals/2008/2008-seadoo-shop-manual.pdf