Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I was getting jet ski ready for the weekend. Started up with

Customer Question

I was getting jet ski ready for the weekend. Started up with water hose attached . Shut off jet ski and forgot to shut water off. Now jet ski won't start up again.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: First of the season start up. Vacation week starting now. 1992 kawasawki ts. Kaw42799a292. Connected water hose to engine. Started jet ski. Turned water on. Let run just a few min. Shut jet ski off. Dint shut water off for a few min. Now jet ski will not start again. Did I do something wrong?
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 3 months ago.

H​I, you may have backfilled the cooling/exhaust system with water from the hose. Pull the spark plugs and crank the engine over. This should clear the water. If it has water in there, spray some WD40 in the cylinders , replace the plugs and try to get the engine started. Once it's running let it run for 10-15 minutes on the hose or in the water to dry it all the way out.