Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 140 mercruiser motor and i have a wire going to the

Customer Question

I have a 140 mercruiser motor and i have a wire going to the coil that get hot when i turn the key on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: we were driving around the lake and motor just stopped grabed pos bat terminal and burnt my fingers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: got new starter &, selinod and still won't crank motor
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Do you have the serial number on the engine available? If not, do you know if the engine has points ignition system?