Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

After I turn the key off to my boat the engine keeps running

Customer Question

After I turn the key off to my boat the engine keeps running for 10 to 30 seconds. Do you know what the possible reasons that is?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 2013 Q5i Tahoe, 4.3 litre mercruiser
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No I don't think so
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Is the engine carbureted or MPI?