Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

Need help reversing doors on model Sea Classic DP2600iAc,

Customer Question

Need help reversing doors on model Sea Classic DP2600iAc
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Unable to figure out how to reverse the doors to have hinges on left side and not the right
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No...just need some instructions as those in manual are not clear
Category: Boat
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 3 months ago.

Your door should be held on by two hinges on one side and then held closed by a pin latch on the other side. You need to remove the top hinge and then the door. Now remove the pin latch and reattach it using the holes the hinge came out of. Now move the lower hinge to the other side of the cabinet. Position the door on the bottom hinge. Finally install the top hinge into the holes originally occupied by the pin latch. Then move the door handle to the opposite side if necessary.