Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

MY 2002 MERCURY 50HP EFI BIGFOOT STARTS RIGHT UP AND IDLES

Customer Question

MY 2002 MERCURY 50HP EFI BIGFOOT STARTS RIGHT UP AND IDLES FINE BUT WHEN THE THROTTLE IS ALL THE WAY OPEN IT FEELS LIKE ITS LOST POWER AND THE RPM GAUGE READS 5000RPM WHEN IT HAS ALWAYS READ 5800- 6000RPM AT FULL THROTTLE TILL ABOUT A WEEK AGO.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: NOT THAT I CAN THINK OF NO
Category: Boat
Expert:  Ted G. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, do you have a water separator on the boat in the fuel line before the engine? When was it last changed? Have you checked the filter under the cowl for debris or water in it?