Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician
Experience:  40 years boating, Safe boating instruct., Offshore Race promoter, Failure Analysis, Expert Witness
7183013

It won't turn to the left, Water Wheeler Pedal Boat will

Customer Question

It won't turn to the left
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Water Wheeler Pedal Boat will only turn to the right.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Possibly the rudder may ahve been struck by another boat tid up in moorage
Category: Boat
Expert:  Ted G. replied 3 months ago.

There is a fairly fragile rod that goes between the steering handle and the rudder. If the rudder is contacted often this rod will bend and that could be causing your problem. If you remove the plate where the steering handle is you may be able to look at the rod from there and see if it's bent. It is pretty easy to straighten once or twice, then it may snap.