Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I got a suzuki df 300 it is runing fine. But are clicking.

Hi i got a suzuki...
Hi i got a suzuki df 300 it is runing fine. But are clicking. If you only run the trotle you can hear it. There is No codes
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The problem is that you can hear This clicking when you run the engien. But it run fine. Oil is fine. Colin is fine everything works.i just need to know what courses This clicking sound.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I think the information are There thanks
Answered in 2 days by:
7/15/2017
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

H​I, how many hours are on your engine and when did the noise start? Is it at idle or do you have to increase the RPMs?

Hi I just had computer on and there was no fault. it is all the way from low idle and up. it starts yesterday the engine have about
800 hours. we talked about it could be watter at the fuel pump, other Suzuki writes limitied when there is watter in the filter
How old is the fuel?
The fuel is right from the fuelstation. I tjeked filter for watter on the engien. Nothing. I drove the boat again 200 km yesterday with 10 People No problem. Just This click click. You dont here at 4000rmp but low er you here it.
Could you make a recording of the noise and upload it?
Today it is very loud No ice it come from under the engien to the gear.
I am in Greenland 00299 584171 Phone nr.
Don't run it any more, the noise may have been a gear tooth and now the lower unit is breaking.
ok so is it the gear shaft? Can I solve it by change to a new gear?
I hae a gear from a 225 hk maybe I can try chage to that gear, and hope that it will solve the problem.
Pull the boat and drain the fluid. You'll see metal if the gear is failed.
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
I will take the boat out tommorow and tjek the gear oil. I will let you know what result we have
Boat Doc
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast