Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Have a 1992 hurriance deck boat runs perfect in neutral put

Customer Question

Have a 1992 hurriance deck boat runs perfect in neutral put gear shift in foward or reverse dies.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: not too much more went out sunday with it like i said it runs perfect in neutral and go to unload off trailor or load on trailor it dies. have to try to get into gear for 1/2 hour or so and it finally will go and it runs perfect when go to load back up on trailor at low speeds and throttle it dies and then wont go into geaqr it dies but will run perfect when put it into neutral.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it is and inboard motor
Expert:  Jason replied 13 days ago.

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote, who makes this engine?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yamaha
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
im not with boat now im just leaving work just trying to figured out what to look for or what to replace on it
Expert:  Jason replied 13 days ago.

This is a Yamaha inboard? Are you positive because these are not common engines at all.

Expert:  Jason replied 8 days ago.

I never heard back from you. How did you ever make out?